This workshop will cover on the fundamentals of GS1 Barcode and GS1 DataMatrix for the healthcare sector including pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
More regulatory authorities have adopted requirements for use of globally unique drug identifiers and serialisation in order to protect the supply chain.
As reported by McKinsey on 2012; implementing global standards across the entire healthcare supply chain could save 22-43,000 lives and avert 0.7 to 1.4 million patient disabilities on an annual basis.
Find out how to leverage on GS1 Global Standards to meet regulatory requirements, improve patient safety and increase efficiency of your supply chain.
1) Introduction to GS1 Standards
2) GS1's role in Healthcare & Overview of Regulatory Requirements
3) Learn basic rules of the GS1 Barcode Number and how to allocate it correctly
a) Interpretation of the different parts of your barcode number
b) Different types of barcode numbers and its usages
c) Rules of allocating a barcode number
i) When do you allocate a new barcode number?
ii) Are barcode numbers reusable?
d) Hands- on session on allocating barcode numbers
4) Understanding different types of GS1 barcodes - Learn to recognise which barcode to use in different environments
a) Choose the right barcode symbols for different operation environments
b) Use the appropriate symbol size, colour and location for your item
c) Leverage on a simple quality checklist help you to save time and improve your process
5) Using GS1 Applications to identify different data types
a) What is GS1 Application Identifiers (AIs) and its functions
b) How AIs can be used for identification
c) What is concatenation,its rules and usage
d) How to apply the rules in combining AIs
6) Introduction to GS1 Datamatrix
a) What is GS1 Datamatrix and its key application area
b) How symbol size changes with content data
c) The difference between non-standard Datamatrix and GS1 Datamatrix
7) Case Sharing by GS1 Solution Partner
8) How Barcode Verification helps to avoid mistakes
Learn how GS1 Singapore can help in verifying your barcodes before printing; avoid mistakes to prevent unnecessary redesigning and reprinting, thus saving you time and money.
Who should attend:
The workshop is suitable for pharmaceutical & medical device manufacturers, distributors, healthcare providers, healthcare regulators and professional in healthcare supply chain.
Click register now to complete the registration ; an email confirmation will be sent to your organisation.
GS1 Singapore Member - S$99.00 (Inclusive of GST)
SMF Member / Partner - S$149.00 (Inclusive of GST)
Public - S$199.00 (Inclusive of GST)
a. Issue a cheque to 'GS1 Singapore Limited' and mail to 2985 Jalan Bukit Merah Singapore 159457
b. Download the Credit Card form, fill in and scan it back to
Replacement and Cancellation:
1. We regret there will be no refunds for cancellations, no-shows and non-attendance. Replacement of participant is permitted and notice of change in participant’s must be given in writing, not less than 5 business days before the course commencement date.
2. All registrations will be taken as confirmed and will be billed accordingly (including no-shows) unless otherwise notified.
3. When a workshop is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. GS1 Singapore reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
©2019 by GS1 Singapore Ltd. Registration No. : 200720720G